Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Day of Joy

I had a full day today.

I got up early to get my flu vaccination and by mid day, I had to prepare myself for a "Majlis Bertunang" of my cousin - Kak Fira.

We reached Cik Ana's house at about 2.30pm. I saw a tent and food was displayed by the side of the porch. God! there was so much and it looked really appetizing (actually it really made my tummy grumble bcos I hadnt had my lunch then). When I went into the house, the "hantarans" were nicely displayed in a row. Kak Fira gave 9 dulangs and the boy side later came with 5.

Actually at first, I didn't know the difference between "bertunang" and "nikah" (silly me!!). So I kept asking my mum where was the bridegroom bcos Kak Fira's mum, Cik Ana also prepared a pelamin. Mum had to explain that the pelamin was meant to"sarung cincin".

After the exchange of words between two families, Mama Olin brought Kak Fira down for the sarung cincin ceremony. I thought Kak Fira looked resplendent in a turquoise baju kebaya (cun!!).


The two close cousins - Kak Ina and Kak Fira, just before Kak Fira was brought down for the sarung cincin ceremony




After that it was the makan time. The food was delicious. It was prepared by mum's cousin, Cik Noi and there were Javanese and Singaporean dishes. I could see that Mom and her sisters really enjoyed the food and thankfully there were Kak Ina and Cik Ida who were very kind to serve them!!

Apart from the food, I also knew that mom and my aunts were very happy to meet up with their cousins and relatives from Singapore that I had to insist several time that it was time to go home after the function was over.

When we got home, I had some rest before leaving for Mummy Aza's. It was for Uncle Terry's 64th bday. Yeah!!.

As usual, Mummy Lalin made a nice birthday cake. It was a West Ham cake complete with it's logo and colour. Superb!! Uncle Terrry was lost for words when Mummy Lalin showed him the cake. Who wouldnt? He is a dead fan of that team!!

So it was another day of joy and good food before I call it a day in a while.

Goodnite and hope you'll have a good weekend too!!


Lots of love,
Sara
xoxo

No comments: